Sunday, May 19, 2019

Some Folks Have Made the Tenant Attorney Shortage Even Worse

Effective June 1, the Firm will phase our its residential tenant practice.  I personally like the practice area, but financially and otherwise, it's not worth it anymore.  Over the years, I have been told that other lawyers have stopped their representation in this area out of frustration.  Some people can't be helped and others aren't worth helping.

Effective June 1, the landlord tenant practice will focus on the following:
1. Commercial Tenants
2. Commercial Landlords
3. Residential Landlords
4. Management Companies

Also, I'll be expanding my representation of homeowners and Homeowners' and Condo Associations. 

These groups tend to understand business, time constraints, and the court system.  Furthermore, they understand the importance of paying for quality services and extended statute of limitation periods. They tend to be more realistic about goals, return calls, start and termination timing, and other procedures.

I've met, talked to, and helped  numerous good residential tenants.  Like everything else today, the slaggers have ruined it for them and everyone else.  Therefore, if you are a tenant and can't find a lawyer to assist you, you can thank them. 

Although I will still be accepting new residential tenant cases through September 15, if I don't think the case will end by September 30th, I will not start it.

No comments: