Friday, September 18, 2009

During the final decision of my divorce, the judge granted custody of my son to my ex-husband, what can I do to get my son back? - Child Custody - Avvo.com

As this question illustrates, you should always retain an attorney for divorce, child support, and custody matters. Oftentimes, people assume that simply because you feel you should get a particular result you will get it. This is definitely not the case. Evidence, case law, and a good legal argument beats feelings and hopes.

If you cannot afford an attorney, you should contact local or state bar associations. These groups may be able to point you to a pro bono association. There are several family law programs in New York, Georgia, Maryland, and Washington, DC.

------------------------------------------

During the final decision of my divorce, the judge granted custody of my son to my ex-husband, what can I do to get my son back? - Child Custody - Avvo.com

Shared via AddThis

No comments: